For whatever reason, I ended up with Romanian as the default language for PowerBI desktop (no regional settings, no browser settings, no nothing would provide a hint to the installer that it should install and set the app to Romanian).
This did not help either: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/change-PowerBI-language-menus-to-english-while-maintaining/td-p/4782
I ended up in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Desktop\bin, where there were to folders: ro and en. I renamed the ro folder to something else (aaa – I know, I’m a genius) and presto, I was back to English.
Hope this helps.
And yes, I will start blogging again, soon enough, so watch out for this space.
2 thoughts on “Change the PowerBI desktop default language”
Great work Sir.. You have been providing great info Calin
Good to know! Thanks!